Member Engagement Specialist
DescriptionGreater Spokane Incorporated has an incredible opportunity for you to join the organization as the next Membership Engagement Specialist (MES). This is your chance to join the region’s business development organization, focused on leading transformative business and community initiatives to build a robust regional economy. The MES is a mid-level position focused on all functions of the membership department that includes relationship building, recruitment and retention. A successful candidate will have a proven record in sales and developing high-level business relationships. To apply please submit an application with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applications will be reviewed the week of November 12.
Drives the increased investment and retention of GSI’s current and prospective members through relationship management and engagement. Serves as the first impression of GSI.
- Recruits businesses and organizations for membership and upsells by developing and maintaining an active prospect database and lead pipeline.
- Establishes strongly connected working relationships with new and current members to support member retention; responsible for retention of accounts/members for first two years of membership.
- Builds and maintains relationships with other trade shows, programs, and professional organizations to build connections and identify businesses for which GSI membership may be valuable.
- Works in collaboration and partnership with the Member Engagement team and contributes to a positive team environment.
- Contributes to organizational success by:
- working with colleagues to discover and develop ways to retain, grow, better align and leverage GSI resources for greater impact;
- developing and maintaining relationships with GSI’s Board and members to improve investor engagement;
- contributing to an organizational culture of team work, support, engagement, and empowerment;
- regularly evaluating GSI’s systems and processes for continuous improvement; and
- contributing to the collection, organization, and presentation of key data in relation to GSI’s strategic plan and goals.
- GSI reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Associate’s Degree and minimum of 4 to 6 years sales experience that included cold calling, prospecting, and lead generation is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Demonstrated record of selling a service, “intangible” service, or non-profit development experience is desired. Experience managing and supporting volunteers.
- Certificates and Licenses: Valid driver’s license.
- Computer Skills: Technology savvy and proficient using Microsoft Office suite, CRM software, and internet.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels. Frequently required to travel to local events, meetings or training by car; may also occasionally travel out of the area for meetings or training opportunities by car or air.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employee medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurances paid by employer
- Optional vision insurance, FSA and HSA plans
- 5% employer 401K contribution
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Monthly parking stipend
- Education Assistance Program
- 2 hours per month to volunteer in the community